*PLEASE NOTE THAT WE WILL BE OPERATING COACH TOURS AND CRUISES UNDER COVID ALERT LEVEL 1 AND LEVEL 2 RESTRICTIONS*
At Alert Level 1, Face Masks / Coverings are recommended to be worn by all passengers 12 years and older on coach tours and cruises.
Face Masks / Coverings are mandatory on our coaches and cruises under Alert Level 2 as per government directives.
It is crucial to remember the importance of monitoring this fast moving and ever changing covid-19 situation.
Health and Safety is always at the core of our business, but now more than ever we are ensuring we keep up to date with advice from the New Zealand government, Ministry of Health and WorkSafe to make our JUCY Cruise experience as safe as possible.
Steps we are taking to ensure a safe cruise:
- Our staff are constantly provided with the most current and relevant information and guidelines from all relevant sources. This is to ensure they keep themselves, their families, colleagues, and our guests safe.
- We will ensure that our vessel is cleaned and sanitised before and after each cruise. We will be taking extra care to clean and wipe down high use touchpoints such as handrails, door handles, tables, seats, window ledges and bathrooms.
- Hand sanitiser is available on board our vessels, with signage displayed to encourage use throughout the cruise.
- Trips can be booked online through our website, by phone with credit card, in our Queenstown retail store, or at Milford Sound on the day.
- At the time of booking, you will be asked to provide the full names, contact phone numbers, and email addresses of your party. This will be used for contact tracing purposes should the need arise.
- We will encourage all guests to sign in using the NZ Covid Tracer App. QR Codes will be displayed in retail stores, on board our coaches and on our vessels. Handwritten sign in sheets will be available for those who do not have the app.
- If you are feeling unwell, PLEASE DO NOT JOIN OUR CRUISE. Our best advice is that you contact your GP or Healthline for their guidance. Similarly, if you have been in contact with a confirmed case, or are awaiting any test results, PLEASE DO NOT JOIN OUR CRUISE. There will be plenty of opportunities to visit beautiful Milford Sound once you have been cleared and/or are feeling better!
Alert Level 2 Specific Measures:
- On arrival at Milford Sound during Alert Level 2, please ensure you maintain a 1 metre distance from other passengers on the wharf whilst waiting for your cruise, during boarding and disembarking. This will be enforced by our crew.
- During boarding at Alert Level 2, we will not be issuing boarding passes. Instead, the Skipper will ask you for the full name of each of your party and tick you off the list.
- Unfortunately, at Alert Level 2, we will not be able to facilitate any hugs, handshakes, or hongi as it is imperative to keep a 1m distance from both crew and other passengers. Don’t worry though; smiles from our friendly crew will be free and frequent!
- Once you have boarded the vessel at Alert Level 2, you will be assigned a table for the cruise. PLEASE DO NOT SIT AT OR TOUCH ANY OF THE OTHER TABLES. You are welcome to move about the boat and visit all indoor and outdoor viewing decks to soak up that magical scenery but please ONLY sit at your allocated table.
- To allow for optimum social distancing at Alert Level 2, we will only be allowing our boats to reach a maximum capacity of 30%. This will ensure there is enough space for guests to enjoy the scenery safely both while seated and when moving around.
- We will have signage displayed to remind all guests to keep a 1m distance from those outside their bubble, as well as ensuring they are maintaining good hygiene processes.
- All refreshments will be prepared and served by our crew at Alert Level 2. There will be NO self-service. During food preparation and service, our crew will wear gloves and face masks and follow strict hygiene procedures.
Despite this lengthy list, we can guarantee that your JUCY Milford Sound Cruise will still be an utterly incredible and memorable experience. We can’t wait to share the best of Fiordland with you!
If you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch with the friendly booking team by email: email@example.com or phone 0800 500 121 / +64 3 442 4196.